Monday, October 29, 2012

Autumn: The Setting, The Props, and the Players

Well, once again it's been a long passage between posts. We've been living up a STORM around here, but little of it has been festive and/or photographed. Jon and I had TWO dates in October alone, and have attended a couple of great churchy social gatherings.  Miles has been really warming up to preschool; Adele has started walking (3 steps at a time) and talking (4 words and counting).

The main energy pull in the last couple weeks, though, has been yet ANOTHER daycare change we've had to make (we just have the worst childcare luck). Fortunately, we expect this will probably be the last such transition as we've found a daycare CENTER we love and that we can afford (more's the miracle). One week in and this is the smoothest transition we've made in childcare. Of course, it's still a transition, so... blogging has fallen by the wayside.

So rather than telling too many stories, which will probably just result in a bunch more dramatically and unnecessarily capitalized words, (I'M SO TIRED), I will give you: October. The setting, props, and players. And about 100 pictures (sorry) (I need an editor).

The Setting: Blacksburg in the fall. I took these on my way to work on a couple different mornings last week.

Autumn means pink mornings.
My route to the bus stop:
I nod respectfully to the dead, who are with us and yet not with us... I tell Miles that we don't have to fear dead folks, but we do respect them and refrain from walking on their graves. I tell him we plant folks in the ground like seeds, and that if we are patient, one day, they will grow.

Which is pretty much what I think.
I arrive, off the bus.
Campus glows in the morning.
Smoulders in some places.
Take two, a Thursday:
See what I mean? Pink morning.


Have I said how much I love my commute?

Some props: Pumpkin pancakes (and pumpkin cookies) have been staples in our house int he past few weeks. Saturday morning luxury version:



Further prop: Miles has been feeling very parental lately, loving this baby (whose identity changes daily) as well as he is able. This baby receives bottles, lullabies, rides in the wrap, and long naps in the doll crib I found at a yard sale.

You need to see this video of Adele pushing Miles, you really do.

Further props: pumpkins! Miles' preschool did a field trip to a pumpkin patch.

Papa and Adele came along for the ride! Adele was apparently delighted.



The players! Their current nicknames are Small and Tiny. Small says his parents are "E-NOR-MOUS."

Papa is home with both kids 2 days a week, which gives them some happy afternoons together twice a week.
 Next up: Halloween. Get ready for some cute, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment