Thursday, July 21, 2016

Expanding into Pueblo

We've been ticking off visits from our list of Pueblo places of interest. A week or so ago, we landed at the children's museum. I love the outside of this museum!
The inside... well... it's small. I mean, we've been regular visitors at the Strong, so it's hard to impress us with small city children's museums. But we had fun, and we visited on a free day. So, no buyer's remorse.
The dress-up area was a good time, anyway!
Miles camps out. That's the closest he's gotten to camping, I'm afraid.





The statues and fountains out front impressed me more than anything inside!
I took this just after transferring out little sprouts into the garden.
I'm sorry to say they're all pretty much fried now. I tried. July in Pueblo is just too arid and hot (101 degrees today, for example) for tender shoots. And no, I'm not going to build them a shelter. Or call a landscaper to fix the sprinkler. At this time, they're not priority.
Getting Miles to swim, that's a priority. I bought a swim pass. He's not afraid of the water, he just can't keep his head above it when his feet can't reach the bottom. In case any of you with younger children were wondering what the magic age is when most of your kids' peers will be able to swim, it's 6. Apparently.

We recently set up the guest bed, and now have a very passable guest room! Who's booking this room next??
Miles is a few chapters in to the Prisoner of Azkaban. Adele has started to read simple words!

I still can't believe we've been here over a month. Some days it feels very normal; some days, I can't believe we actually executed this feat. The daily Colorado sunshine is doing me a lot of good, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment