
Being that it was Agnes' first time in Colorado, we figured we'd better show her some mountains, especially since the skies began to clear. So, we all drove up to Colorado Springs to visit the Garden of the Gods. We love this place, as it is dramatically beautiful, full of great paths and trails, both challenging and gentle, and best of all, it's free! Come see us and we'll go.



The kids climbed into every nook they could find; they kept our heart rates up with their antics.


After a little rest at our house, we went out once more for a stroll on the Riverwalk. I wanted to show Agnes the statues.
![]() |
| They loved the Lakota woman as I do. |

What a perfect, perfect visit! We showed them the town, enjoyed ourselves, saw beautiful things, and enjoyed each other's company. They even came to see my classroom! When people I love visit me here in the distant desert, I feel less alone, even long after they've gone.

What a blessing.

Also, I really do love this town.

No comments:
Post a Comment