Monday: Made the bus! Some pics of my walk to my first class:
I just like this building.
Foliage is beginning to transform the place!
Across the drillfield...
Flowers? In October?
I just like this building. Looks like... Native American, or something.
This is called the Architecture Quad. It's (obviously) where architecture classes meet. Underground. You take an elevator and those Louvre-like pyramids give a lot of natural light. Did you know VT was the best school for architecture in the country?
I have arrived at the coffee shop next door to my first class.
Tuesday:
Missed the bus. So, pictures of downtown during my walk to school!
Note the total absence of traffic.
One of many hippy stores.
Pub I've been meaning to check out.
Lovely morning on Main Street.
Gillie's! Awesome, down to earth, vegetarian restaurant, a definite Bburg favorite.
Wednesday: Rain. Didn't feel like taking pictures :-)
Thursday:
Bus to campus, walk from class to office:
It's just so purty.
Cafe I sometimes like to sit in, bottom floor of library.
This place, between student union and grad school, is usually packed with students promoting things and doing weird stunts. On Wednesday, there was a dunking booths and students promoting a certain homecoming candidate shouting "Free rootbeer floats! Hurry, they're melting!" But at 8 am, students unfortunate enough to have a class are in it. The rest are all in bed.
The Graduate School. Majestic, no? There's an Au Bon Pain in the basement; Jon and I have lunch rendezvous (cause it's French! Get it??!!) there.
Alternate route to campus, off College Ave. Miles likes it there; he gets three different types of terrain.
For the first time in my life I have an office.
See how important I am?! I have a name plate!
Still, who has two thumbs and misses Rochester?
...This girl, definitely.
I like it here, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment