Friday, January 2, 2015

A year well begun

Dad and Agnes gave us the gift of babysitting on Tuesday and Wednesday nights! This enabled Jon and me to see The Battle of The Five Armies on Tuesday (about which I will only say, I enjoyed watching it, very very much). Wednesday night, the Browns hosted us at dinner! They had all of their children and grandchildren home, so it was a merry house of children and old friends that night. The kids then went to bed at Dad's, and Jon & I got to have yet another night out, playing cards and ringing in 2015 at Allison's house with old friends.

On New Year's Day, the Browns had a miraculously well-attended brunch. So many dear old friends were able to come and catch up. I had hoped to see about 1/3 as many as I was able to see that morning. I'm so grateful! It was like a surprise party of some kind.
Old friends and new filled the house!
 The children in the basement were numerous and frolicsome. The old fisher price toys, and the doll house, came out, and they were all fast friends.







 The Nickoloffs came! And we were able to get a few 2Ls pictures:


 Group picture of some very dear, dear people to me:
Thank you, Brown family. What a gift!
 The kids in the basement were only minimally supervised. But, as far as I know, no injuries resulted!



I haven't seen the Johnsons in long enough for them to add to their family by 1!

Adele enjoyed roosting under the table and darting up for more treats when no one was watching.
 What a beautiful morning!

Oddly exhausted by the event, I still managed to get over to the Highlands to see my other Grandmother.


She's struggling in some ways, but retains her saucy personality.
And there was one more cozy evening with Grandpa and Miss Agnes for us. 

We left Dad definitely not fully recovered from his (probable) pneumonia. Please pray for his full recovery?
And for my good health to continue: I leave for Guatemala a week from tomorrow!

Goodbye, until the summer, Rochester.

No comments:

Post a Comment